Location: Minneapolis, MN
Every one of our projects is built from the ground up, starting with these two questions to the author:
1) What do you want your book to do in the world?
2) What are your hopes for your audience?
From there, we reverse-engineer the production of each book so that it becomes the perfect product to serve the author’s mission.
The person hired for this position will work directly under our Editorial Director, at first shadowing and supporting lead project managers with their projects. Then, they will be assigned their own projects, eventually working their way up to a full list of projects they handle from start to finish.
Our new Project Manager will…
* Mentor new and established authors during the writing, editing, production, and launch of their book;
* Coach clients through idea development and writing;
* Assess manuscripts for editorial needs and provide feedback to writers;
* Coordinate the editing and design processes, matching project to vendor based on style, personality, and timeline;
* Develop a marketing strategy for each project and work closely with the marketing team as the project moves towards publication;
* Create and revise production timelines.
In an applicant, we require . . .
* A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Writing, or Communications;
* Strong analytical skills and a keen editorial eye;
* Knowledge of genre conventions across fiction and non-fiction;
* A great deal of thoughtfulness and empathy;
* Impeccable time management skills;
* The self-confidence to think and solve problems innovatively;
* A detail-oriented mind;
* A near-obsessive focus on providing clear, detailed communication with clients and team members.
We prefer an applicant with . . .
* Proofreading or other editorial skills (including a working knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style);
* A keen awareness of the current book market in both fiction and nonfiction;
* The ability to write marketing copy;
* A passion for social justice;
* A commitment to growing the Twin Cities book and publishing community.
As a company co-founded by a woman of color, diversity is a driving value for our organization. We strongly encourage minorities to apply for this position.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Includes health care benefits.
If this sounds like you, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.